Recipe tried and tested By Pamela Mkhungo
People assume that baking is time consuming and costly. However, this is not the case when it comes to making a milk tart. Here is a simple recipe.
- 1 packets of tennis biscuits , crushed
- 125g butter, melted
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 2 piece of cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup of hullets sugar
- 2 eggs
- 45 ml (3t) corn flour
- 45 ml (3t) flour
- 3ml(1/2) vanilla essence
- 30 ml butter
- Cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling
- Combine the crushed tennis biscuits and melted butter and press into a pie dish
- Heat the milk with the cinnamon stick to just under boiling point
- Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs with the sugar, then add the corn flour and flour
- Pour the hot milk into this mixture stirring rapidly, return the mixture to the heat and cook, stir until the mixture becomes very thick. Thorough stirring is important to prevent the mixture from catching on the bottom of the pan and to prevent lumps
- Turn off the heat, add the vanilla essence and butter, stir well until butter is melted
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tart crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Click on the words highlighted in red to read more on this and related topics.
To receive news links via WhatsApp, send an invite to 061 694 6047
The South Coast Sun is also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest – why not join us there?
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.