Pregnancy is the most critical stage of your life. You need to be extra cautious and well informed about the do’s and don’ts of what to take in and what to avoid to protect the baby from danger.
Food to consume when you are preganant
- Dairy products/ (yogurt, milk, white cheese etc) reduces complications and vaginal infection as well as allergies. Proteins best known for keeping bones strong.
- Legumes/(lentils, peas, beans,chickpeas, soya beans, peanut butter) they are great for fibre, reduces risks of defects and diseases.
- Sweetpotato – great source of vitamin A/ source of beta carotene.
- Salmon/ essential omega 3 fatty, important for brain and eye development and growth.
- Eggs/ contains choline, good for the brain health development.
- Broccoli and dark leafy greens/ (spinach, green leaves) containing vitamin A, C, and K and folate and potassium.
- Lean meat (beef, pork, chicken)
- Whole grain/(bread, seeds) contains fibre and magnesium.
- Avocado/ high in fibre, fatty acid 3 and contains vitamin K.
- Water/adequate hydration.
DID YOU KNOW?
Click on the words highlighted in red to read more on this and related topics.
To receive news links via WhatsApp, send an invite to 061 694 6047
The South Coast Sun is also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest – why not join us there?
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.