This method of preparing salmon is quick, easy and super healthy. A great dish for those special occasions.
Serve with green salad or fried rice.
Spinach and pepper stuffed salmon
- 200g button mushrooms
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tspn olive oil
- 2 bunches spinach
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup chopped and roasted red pepper
- ½ cup fresh basil
- Cooking spray
- 2 plain dry bread crumbs
- ½ tsp garlic
- In a skillet pan, heat the oil on medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the spinach and zest together until its wilted, stirring constantly. Put in a medium bowl. Stir in the red pepper, basil, and white mushrooms for 4 minutes.
- Heat the oven at 400F. line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Carefully cut in half all the salmon for the filling. Don’t cut to the other way through. With a spoon add the spinach and pepper filling in the salmon, place in baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix all the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the salmon.
- Bake for 15- to 20 minute until the salmon has absorbed all the fillings.
- Serve with green salad or fried rice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO TRY THESE TRADITIONAL RECIPES
by Pamela Mkhungo:
RECIPE: Ujeqe (steam bread)
RECIPE: Isgwaqane (maize meal and sugar beans)
RECIPE: Add this flavoursome fried rice to your menu
Get creative with spinach and pepper stuffed salmon dish
Traditional creamy cheese samp
Tantalise your taste buds with a delicious milk tart
Sumptuous slow roast lamb recipe
Warm up with this simple chicken and dumpling recipe
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.