Rice doesn’t have to be boring or prepared the old fashioned way. Try this amazing fried rice, easy to make and affordable.
Cook time: 10 min
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serve: 5 people
- 1 small white onion
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 3 teaspoons of olive/sesame oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 grated carrot
- 20g peas
- Preheat the oil in a skillet.
- Fry white onion, peas, grated carrots together.
- Add the rice and soy sauce into the mixture and stir well until nicely blended.
- Add all the fried veggies and pour in beaten eggs. Stir together till eggs are cooked.
- Add raw green chopped onions and stir.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO TRY THESE TRADITIONAL RECIPES
by Pamela Mkhungo:
RECIPE: Ujeqe (steam bread)
RECIPE: Isgwaqane (maize meal and sugar beans)
RECIPE: Add this flavoursome fried rice to your menu
Get creative with spinach and pepper stuffed salmon dish
Traditional creamy cheese samp
Tantalise your taste buds with a delicious milk tart
Sumptuous slow roast lamb recipe
Warm up with this simple chicken and dumpling recipe
DID YOU KNOW?
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.