Are you a pickle fan? Try this amazing easy to make homemade cucumber pickle.
- 1 cucumber peeled
- 1 t salt
- 60 ml white vinegar
- 50 g sugar
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 5cm grated ginger
- Cut the cucumber vertically (lengthwise) into 4 pieces
- In a jar with lid, pour vinegar and wine then stir
- Add salt and pepper and stir continually
- Add the cucumber and grated ginger into the mixture
- Shake well and close with jar lid and refrigerate
- Can be eaten immediately, but flavour will improve after a day or two
- Serve with a sandwich or wrap
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.