Every day, month and year poses its own challenges, and more often than not, all you need is a little comfort and reassurance to make it through the tougher times.
Below is a culmination of what is said to be 25 of the most comforting quotes:
1. “You could never tell me who to be. I have earned these wings. My freedom is the only thing that matters to me.” ~ Mia Hollow
2. “Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” ~ Kahlil Gibran
3. “Dead people receive more flowers than the living because regret is stronger than gratitude.” ~ Anne Frank
4. “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” ~ Unknown
5. “It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” ~ Rumi
Read also: Five things to let go of this week
6. “A real man is one that doesn’t feel the need to dim the light of his woman in order to make himself feel brighter.” ~ Ronda Rousey
7. “I used to be afraid of the pain letting go of the past would cause; until I realised how much pain holding on has caused.” ~ Steve Maraboli
8. “That always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they’re pretty. It’s like picking your breakfast cereals based on colour instead of taste.” ~ John Green
9. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in one drop.” ~ Rumi
10. “The best thing you could do is master the chaos in you. You are not thrown into the fire, you are the fire.” ~ Mama Indigo
11. “One by one, I drowned all the people I’d been.” ~ Conor Oberst
12. “But that’s the way my love is going to be. A little bit messy, completely confused. But it’s real.” ~ Lauren Layne
13. “I looked in temples, churches, and mosques. But I found the divine within my heart.” ~ Rumi
14. “People generally see what they look for and hear what they listen for.” ~ To Kill A Mockingbird
15. “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” ~ Roald Dahl
16. “Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death?” ~ Unknown
17. “Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another.” ~ Romans 12:10
18. “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” ~ C.S. Lewis
19. “He’s more myself that I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” ~ Emily Bronte
20. “I believe in kindness, also in mischief.” ~ Mary Oliver
21. “Integrity is doing the right thing even when nobody is watching.” ~ C.S. lewis
22. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” ~ John F. Kennedy
23. “May your life preach more loudly than your lips.” ~ William Channing
24. “I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren’t pretty, or smart, or young. They’re still princesses. All of us are.” ~ A Little Princess
25. “I give up freely what is no longer serving me. I release it to create space for what inspires me.” ~ Unknown
Read the original story and more on Elephant Journal.
DID YOU KNOW?
Click on the words highlighted in red to read more on this and related topics.
To receive news links via WhatsApp, send an invite to 061 694 6047
The South Coast Sun is also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest – why not join us there?
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.
(Comments posted on this issue may be used for publication in the Sun)