What you need to renew your car licence disc at the post office

With no one receiving renewal forms for their car licence disc in the post anymore, you need to remember when your disc needs to be replaced.

READ ALSO: What you need to know before visiting testing grounds

The first thing to do is check if your local post office does car licence disc renewals and if they don’t, is there a post office close to where you live that does.

The first form you need is called an ALV (application for licensing of motor vehicle), which can be collected from the post office, or downloaded from the eNaTIS website or licenserenewal.co.za – the latter is a handy and helpful website with all the information you need, including what you can expect to pay.

Next you need a copy of your ID and proof of residential address. If your details regarding the vehicle have changed, you will need to complete and hand in an NCP form (notification of change in particulars).


Click on the words highlighted in red to read more on this and related topics.
To receive news links via WhatsApp, send an invite to 061 694 6047
The South Coast Sun is also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest – why not join us there?

Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.

(Comments posted on this issue may be used for publication in the Sun)

Latest from South Coast Sun