How to report municipal faults in Durban

How can you interact with eThekwini Municipality when you have a problem?

The first step if you have a problem with any kind of municipal issue is to lay a formal complaint with the department concerned. Do this either by telephone or email or visit the Sizakala Centre in person. It is important to insist on receiving a reference number for your complaint.

Contact details to report a municipal issue:

Electricity outages – 080-131-3111

Water leaks and pipe bursts – 080-131-3013

Queries on your municipal account – 031-324-5000 (during normal working hours or email [email protected])

Maintenance of pavements and verges – potholes, missing manhole covers and blocked drains should be reported to the engineering call centre on 080-131-3013

Streetlights out of order – 080-131-3111 (remember to give the correct street name and pole number)

Noise disturbances like public fighting, loud parties, public drinking, dogs barking – 031-361-0000

Refuse removal and illegal dumping – 031-311-8804/36.

Earl Baillache

Latest News


Recommended Story x
City delays storm damage repairs

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our FREE newsletter
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.

SELECT your titles:

South Coast Sun
Southlands Sun

Your details:

Your friends: