How can you interact with eThekwini Municipality when you have a problem?
The first step if you have a problem with any kind of municipal issue is to lay a formal complaint with the department concerned. Do this either by telephone or email or visit the Sizakala Centre in person. It is important to insist on receiving a reference number for your complaint.
Contact details to report a municipal issue:
- Electricity outages – 080-131-3111
- Water leaks and pipe bursts – 080-131-3013
- Queries on your municipal account – 031-324-5000 (during normal working hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maintenance of pavements and verges – potholes, missing manhole covers and blocked drains should be reported to the engineering call centre on 080-131-3013
- Streetlights out of order – 080-131-3111 (remember to give the correct street name and pole number)
- Noise disturbances like public fighting, loud parties, public drinking, dogs barking – 031-361-0000
- Refuse removal and illegal dumping – 031-311-8804/36.