EDITOR – In a recent incident reported on in a daily newspaper, woolly-necked storks were fed polony.
The parent birds then fed this to their chicks, which died as a result.
Hugh Chittenden appealed to well-meaning folks to not feed polony or ‘people food’ which could potentially be harmful to birds.
Birdlife Port Natal was made aware of this by Sally Stretch, who is knowledgeable about the correct feeding of birds and who has requested we spread the word as much as possible beyond bird club members.
DID YOU KNOW?
Click on the words highlighted in red to read more on this and related topics.
To receive news links via WhatsApp, send an invite to 061 876 3179
The Southlands Sun is also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest – why not join us there?
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.
(Comments posted on this issue may be used for publication in the Sun)