The show is embracing a fresh perspective with the 2018 theme ‘Home is where the heart is’. It focuses on redefining the concept of a home by showcasing timeless trends, functionality, with convenient comfort aimed at styling a distinctive space best suited to its unique inhabitants – its family.
Visitors can look forward to new features for the whole family, inspiring trends from well-known brands, exciting pop-up exhibitions, and solutions to interior and outdoor décor needs, all under one roof.
In partnership with Durban Tourism, the East Coast Radio House and Garden Show will present an exciting line-up of new features:
- Discover Durban Design will showcase Durban’s top locally curated products, furniture and fashion.
- Highlighting cultural, traditional and contemporary food and supported by Durban Tourism, the Discover Durban Cuisine Kitchen will celebrate local cooking talent.
- Back by popular demand is the Foodie Fair, which will showcase why Durban is an international street food destination by bringing double the mouth-watering flavour; offering delicious street food, desserts, artisanal and speciality delicacies.
- Find workable solutions to decluttering or redecorating children’s rooms or living spaces at The Edit, with Genevieve Motley, blogger and founder of inspirational children’s décor and handmade toys online store, Olly Polly.
- Improve your painting and DIY techniques at the interactive workshops at the Builders DIY Pavilion, and find the latest technology, deals and specials at Hirsch’s.
- Parents can look forward to a well-deserved break leaving their children with dedicated child-minders, at the Melissa and Doug Play Space while exploring the show.
Diarise the exciting, once-off pop-ups guaranteed to make this year’s show even more memorable:
- The much-loved Home Grown Design Fair will run from 29 June to 1 July, showcasing artisanal design and décor products made by local crafters and studios.
- A first for KZN, Geekville and Durban Gaming Expo Pop-Up will make a splash for gamers and comic fans from 5 to 7 July; including a 100-man LAN gaming setup, cosplay competitions, flash mobs, competitions and exciting prizes.
- Explore and discover destinations, venues, resorts, travel operators and the best deals on packages in the popular KZN Travel & Adventure Show from 5 to 8 July.
Show tickets are available online from iTickets or at the door.
For more information, visit www.housegardenshow.co.za
ENTER HERE and stand a chance of winning two tickets to the show.
We’ll need your name, daytime contact number as well as the answer to the following question:
Entries close at midnight on Tuesday, 26 June and winners will be notified by close of business the next day.
Winners will be required to collect their tickets from South Coast Sun offices in Doonside.
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.
(Comments posted on this issue may be used for publication in the Sun)