It’s a nerve wracking experience we all have to go through when it comes to being interviewed for a new job and preparation is the key to success.
It is wise to follow these steps a day before the day of the interview, you will not wake up stressed and feeling overwhelmed.
- Do your homework: Research the company that you are going to be interviewed by. They might ask you questions like why do you want to work there, at least have an idea what they are about and their objectives.
2. Dress to impress: Find an outfit suitable for the interview. Lay it out the night before so you won’t have to get up and waste time digging for clothes. Keep it simple and professional.
WATCH: tips on dressing for an interview
3. Use time wisely: Do all the time consuming work the day before such as hair washing, nail painting or clipping (short nails look more professional) and shoe shining. Save your energy and time the next morning for yourself to relax and distress yourself.
4. Have a good night sleep: and stay away from alcohol: Allow yourself to have a good rest, so when you wake up you are feeling alert and fresh. Don’t drink the night before because you will wake up with a hangover.
5. Prepare! Make sure you have your portfolio and all necessary documents ready for you the next morning. Put all the things you need in one place, such as your portfolio, car keys and specs so you won’t waste time in the morning searching for the items.
6: Map it out: Google the location you are going to beforehand to avoid getting lost and arriving late to your appointment.
Most importantly: Don’t stress!